Jessica, a founding partner with Smith Bowers, PLLC, serves as outside counsel for businesses as well as personal counsel to individuals. She concentrates her practice in the areas of surety law, construction law, business law and litigation, and appellate law.
Jessica works with her clients to reach creative and amicable solutions to try and avoid litigation and minimize costs. When litigation arises or becomes unavoidable, however, she is experienced in representing her clients in state and federal court, as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as arbitration and mediation.
Jessica earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Pensacola Christian College in 2000, and earned her law degree, with honors, from Campbell University, the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of law in 2005. During law school, Jessica served as Articles Editor on the Campbell University Law Review. In 2005, she was a recipient of the North Carolina State Bar's Pro Bono Public Service Award.
Jessica was selected by North Carolina Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for 2013-2019.
Jessica is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in North Carolina. She is also a member of the American Bar Association, Surety Claims Institute, National Bond Claims Association, North Carolina Bar Association, and the Wake County Bar Association.
When she is not working, Jessica enjoys traveling, cooking with her son, Jackson, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Mediator certified by the NC Dispute Resolution Committee for North Carolina Superior Courts, 2019.
- North Carolina
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals – 4th Circuit
- Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2005
- Pensacola Christian College, B.A., Pre-Law, 2000
- American Bar Association
- Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Forum on the Construction Industry
- Surety Claims Institute
- National Bond Claims Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- NCBA | CAGC Joint Committee